This cocktail is based on our Distilled Comeback Quinine gin combined with strawberries, blackberries, lemon juice, honey and balsamic vinegar. The cherry on top is a garnish by Sugar Pilots - a specially made heart-shaped lollipop on top with rhubarb and lemongrass, which is among the botanicals in our Comeback Quinine gin.
Enjoy this Bloody Good Valentine drink which will literally melt your heart following the instructions or watch our cocktail video below.
4 cl Distilled Comeback Quinine gin
2 cl freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 cl honey syrup
1 cl balsamic vinegar
A few strawberries and blackberries
A Sugar Pilots Comeback Quinine lollipop, for garnish
1. Make honey syrup by heating 1 part water to 1 part honey in a pot until dissolved.
2. Place a few sprigs of fresh rosemary on a wooden chopping board and char with a burner to create smoke. Trap the smoke with a lowball glass.
3. Add gin, strawberries and blackberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
4. Add lemon juice, honey syrup, balsamic vinegar and ice. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
5. Fill the glass with ice and strain the cocktail to glass using a fine strainer.
6. Add a sprig of rosemary and char the top to create smoke.
7. Garnish with berries and a lollipop.
This gin is a tribute to the idea of combining upcycling with our journey towards new taste universes. The gin is based on revisited botanicals from our handcrafted cinchona bark based tonic syrup. They make a bittersweet comeback when they are reused and distilled together with a few other carefully selected botanicals. The result is delicate bittersweet notes that unfold alongside floral and citrusy aromas on top of the mild wheat distillate. It also comes in a Njord Ligalab edition where the gin is diluted with the house-made tonic syrup it is based upon.
We have the Distilled Comeback Quinine available which also works wondrously in a bramble. If you'd like to know more about our spirit and receive special offers year round then you can sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of our page.