The Gin Sour is light, refreshing classic cocktail. In this edition it has an extra deep, enjoyable floral flavour from our gin Distilled Sun And Citrus diluted with birch sap and a new kick from the vegetable citrusy flavours of lemon balm. The sunny feeling is in this cocktail delivered through a smooth, creamy and luscious foam from the egg white together with the floral sweetness from the honey. Both connoisseurs and beginners will for sure start and end the taste journey of this refined classic with a big smile.
3-4 lemon balm leaves
3 cl fresh lemon juice
2 cl good liquid honey
1 (3 cl) egg white
1. Add the gin and lemon balm leaves to a shaker, then muddle the leaves.
2. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Shake 10 seconds without ice and then 10 seconds with ice.
4. Strain into a ice-filled lowball glass.
5. Garnish with a few lemon balm leaves.
Every year since 2017 Njord has made a birch sap springtime special edition of one of their most popular gins Distilled Sun And Citrus. The gin is diluted with only fresh birch sap and is available in limited numbers.
Why birch sap? It adds wonderful fresh and sweet notes, and as a bonus, it enhances the complex and volatile floral and fruity layers in Sun And Citrus.