The very essence of Danish summer is captured in this beautifully coloured cocktail. Sweet strawberries and aromatic beach roses are combined with our fresh and floral Njord Gin Distilled Sun And Citrus to create a cocktail that is frankly irresistible when Danish summer is upon us!
3 cl freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cl beach rose syrup: 500 g sugar - 0,5 l water - Plenty of beach rose flowers
1 egg white (3 cl)
2 lavender stems
A generous handful of beach rose flowers
1. Beach Rose syrup: Bring water and sugar to a boil. Turn off heat when sugar is dissolved. Add beach rose flowers and let infuse. Leave for at least two hours but preferably make it the day before. Strain syrup and discard flowers. The syrup is now ready to use.
2. Add gin, strawberries, lavender and beach rose flowers to a cocktail shaker.
3. Muddle until a purée forms.
4. Add lemon juice, beach rose syrup and egg white to the shaker and shake without ice.
5. Add ice to shaker and shake again. Strain cocktail into an ice-filled lowball glass.
6. Garnish with beach rose flowers.
The sunny botanicals provide this gin with an elegant wildness. The taste travels far and wide from the first distinct citrus notes, over floral components to the deeper, sweet layers. Despite the high alcohol level, the distillate is a bright and pleasant palette under the many citrusy and floral layers.
Hvis du gerne vil lære mere om vores ånd og modtage specielle tilbud året rundt, så kan du skrive dig op til vores nyhedsbrev nederst på denne side.