The Bramble is a modern classic deservedly appearing on many bar menus. In this edition the freshness and acidity from the berries and lemon juice is well balanced with a deep caramelized sweetness from the Cola syrup. Our chosen gin Distilled Healing Herbs integrate new dimensions of herbal complexity as well as refreshing floral aromas in the cocktail.
5 cl Cola syrup
2 cl lemon juice
6 black berries
2 dashes of angostura aromatic bitters
1. Cola syrup: Softly boil 1 part cola and 1 part sugar at medium to low heat. Let reduce for 10 minutes. Let the syrup cool before use.
2. Add 5 black berries, cola syrup and x - x dashes of angostura aromatic bitters to a low-ball glass.
3. Muddle the ingredients together.
4. Add the gin, lemon juice and ice to a shaker and shake vigorously.
5. Fill the lowball glass with ice and strain the gin mixture into the glass over a spoon to separate the layers.
6. Garnish with a blackberry.
Distilled Healing Herbs is developed together with a Danish doctor. It is distilled with botanicals which through placebo tests and double-blinded tests have shown their health benefits. For example, it contains St. John’s wort, which has been proven to have an effect on mild depression, and lavender, which can prevent stress. It obviously contains juniper, like in Genever, the ancestor of gin which is said to be invented to cure stomach and kidney disorders.
This gin is great on its own but is also perfect in G&T’s. If you'd like to know more about our spirit and receive special offers year round then you can sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of our page.