This cocktail is based on our Distilled Comeback Quinine gin combined with strawberries, blackberries, lemon juice, honey and balsamic vinegar. The cherry on top is a garnish by Sugar Pilots - a specially made heart-shaped lollipop on top with rhubarb and lemongrass, which is among the botanicals in our Comeback Quinine gin.
Enjoy this Bloody Good Valentine drink which will literally melt your heart following the instructions or watch our cocktail video below.
For a single drink:
2 cl freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 cl honey syrup
1 cl balsamic vinegar
A few strawberries and blackberries
A Sugar Pilots Comeback Quinine lollipop, for garnish
- Make honey syrup by heating 1 part water to 1 part honey in a pot until dissolved.
- Place a few sprigs of fresh rosemary on a wooden chopping board and char with a burner to create smoke. Trap the smoke with a lowball glass.
- Add gin, strawberries and blackberries to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add lemon juice, honey syrup, balsamic vinegar and ice. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Fill the glass with ice and strain the cocktail to glass using a fine strainer.
- Add a sprig of rosemary and char the top to create smoke.
- Garnish with berries and a lollipop.
Get the Njord gin Distilled Comeback Quinine used in this recipe here.